Friday, April 11, 2008

The Tipping Point ... i.e. the moment when the rest of your life clicks into place and you just KNOW

Just a quick note -

I'm on the road (again, yes, I know, it is no surprise) in Austin, TX for the Power of One Tour. At the Doctor's Reception tonight, there was a young woman there who is excited to be starting Chiropractic school this fall. She is planning on attending a school, 1/2 way across the country from where she lives, but near family.

I tell all the prospective students that I meet that I am not a 'hard sell' type of person. I truly want each person to go to the school that best fits them as an individual - that the philosophy of the school (yes, they all have a philosophy) is congruent with their own. Because isn't it easier to be successful in an environment that is 'friendly' to your values rather than to have an experience where you have to closet your beliefs or struggle to maintain your philosophy?

Anyway, this woman stated that she had chosen the school because it is close to her family. Dr. Riekeman mentioned to her that 9 out of 10 students choose a school based on location, and at the end of their first year 9 out of 10 of those students wished they had made a different choice. (You did read the above paragraph, didn't you?)

Honestly, I didn't even have to say anything to her. After she heard about the amazing things going on at Life University - highest scores in national boards, business education in the curriculum, clinics abroad, our commitment to the College Presidents Climate Commitment, etc. - she came and found me to tell me that she wanted to learn more & to visit the campus as soon as possible.

Like I said before, I'm not a 'hard sell' person. But I do have a question for you...

Are you asking the right questions to find out if the Chiropractic schools you are considering fit with your philosophy?

No comments: